Musician: Pianist, Teacher, Composer
Marco is a passionate and skilled musician and pianist
Welcome to my website. Feel free to explore the information below as you please, and don't forget to contact me with any music or non-music related questions or comments.
See the adjacent links for contact info, and please watch/listen to the featured tracks below.
Learning classical piano from his early childhood years, Marco has been practicing, performing and composing ever since. In 2014 Marco completed a Masters of Music Performance at The University of Western Australia, with a full length program comprising of works by Chopin, Mozart, Busoni and Castiglioni. Part of Marco's studies involved a stint overseas studying in England and Italy, where Marco studied with several leading pianists such as Edoardo Strabbioli, Carlo Grante and Leslie Howard. In 2009, Marco completed his A.Mus.A. and has since completed a Graduate Diploma in Music at the University of Melbourne. Marco enjoys, and is adept at playing the piano in a variety of styles, especially rock, pop, blues and gospel.
Marco enjoys and has experience in accompanying a variety of ensembles and repertoires, especially choirs and singers. Groups Marco has accompanied include:
- School of Hard Knocks
- GALSWA (Choir)
- Exams and Performances for soloists
Marco’s aim as a teacher is to offer students the opportunity to enjoy a complete and rounded musical education. Currently teaching both in schools and privately, Marco has experience in teaching students young and old, beginners through to advanced, classical, improvisation, pop songs, and preparing students for exams and performances.
- Classical Piano
- Theory & Aural
- Exams and Performances
From virtually the moment Marco began learning the piano, he began improvising which led to creating compositions of his own. Marco has written dozens of songs for rock bands, pieces for small ensembles, as well as co-writing a soundtrack to a short film.
Projects current and past
- The impact of music on refugee children’s lives in Western Australia - Working with refugee children to write, rehearse, record and perform their original songs
- Phantom Panda Power Wizard Master Smasher: ‘Space cuties play space music in sync to Earth cartoons - live!’
- The Harlequin Chapter: A dark and theatrical piano metal band in which I greatly contributed to the musical arrangements
- Death to Carnivale: A horror gore musical which contained a mix of hard rock songs, circus music and improvised jams